Are you asking: “With so many cheaper grills out there, why does Weber always remain the most popular grill?”
Are you looking for the best price on these quality grills?
I can help you with those questions – Read my personal review and comparison of models with chart to help you choose the right grill for you. I will answer all your questions. I will take you to see other people’s reviews. And I will help you find the current best price.
You might ask why buy a Weber if this is the first time you’re buying a grill, but if you’ve owned a gas grill in the past, you can appreciate the difference between a “Bargain Grill” and a “Quality Grill” (you’ll “knowingly” nod your head as I describe Weber’s advanced features – things you’d love to have)
Some of the features that you get only with a Weber Grill: (highlights – full review further on)
Heats Quickly and evenly
With 3 Burners there are no “bad spots” – No “shuffling” of meat
- Cast Iron Cooking Grates give you that taste that you love from professional grills in restaurants
- Flavor Bars minimize flare-ups
- Temperature Control – As easy to use as an indoor oven
- Built with High quality components – Weber doesn’t cut corners which brings up the price – But a Weber grill will last 20 years instead of the 5 years that standard grills last
All these modesl have the same features with small differences:
The Spirit is smaller (good for families and small parties) – Same great quality they even have the same model number (Spirit E-310)
The Spirit E-310 is only for natural gas while the Spirit E-210 is only Liquid Propane Gas (the Genesis offers both options). The Spirit E-210 has options of 2 or 3 burners and an option of a side burner
COMPARISON OF GRILLS
|MODEL||COOKING AREA||WARMING SHELF||BURNERS||SIDE BURNER||PROPANE GAS||NATURAL GAS|
|GENESIS E-310||507 -square-inch||130 -square inch||3||NO||YES||YES|
|GENESIS E-330||507 -square-inch||130 -square inch||3||YES||YES||YES|
|SPIRIT E-310||424 -square inch||105 -square inch||3||NO||NO||YES|
|SPIRIT E-210 2||360 -square inch||90 -square inch||2||OPTIONAL||YES||NO|
|SPIRIT E-210 3||424 -square inch||105 -square inch||3||OPTIONAL||YES||NO|
All Models Include:
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates and porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars
- Electronic Crossover ignition system starts with the push of a button
If I were to choose the BEST quality of a Weber E310, I would probably choose the Cast Iron Cooking Grates which make your food taste the way you only get from professional grills in restaurants (your standard grill uses Stainless Steel Grates, that’s why you can never match that restaurant grill taste)
When you choose to eat in a restaurant, taste is really the Only important thing, but when you’re grilling at home, taste is still the Most important thing but How you get there is also a main factor.
Some of the Things I Find Outstanding on the Weber Genesis E310:
- Control Of Heat – Ready to grill in 15 minutes at 550 degrees. Tops out at over 650 degrees. It is almost like setting an oven. You can also get the grill temperature down to 250 and use it as a smoker too
- The flavorizer bars shield the three individual burners letting just enough flame lick the food creating minimal flare-ups while keeping cooking even on the whole surface of the grill
- The side burner (on the E-330) starts easily – great for making fries right outside or boiling water for coffee. also a nice low setting for simmering
- Large enough to handle a crowd yet easy enough to use for just a couple
Why the Weber E310 is Considered a “Quality Grill’
Even before you put your first steak on the grill, as you assemble your grill, you get a true appreciation for the craftsmanship and pride Weber has in its products.
Assembly is pretty easy though it will take you about 2-3 hours (remember, this is a “tank” that you are assembling, not a little hibachi – but don’t let that scare you). All parts are manufactured with very tight, perfect tolerances so there’s no pulling, pushing, or frustration when assembling – everything fits like a jigsaw puzzle and parts are secured with sturdy steel bolts and washers. It’s a good idea to have a decent 7/16” socket wrench available as the one they provide really can’t handle the job.
Outstanding Quality That I Found While Building My Grill:
- Every component of this grill is rock solid
- High quality components everywhere, even the small details like nylon washers to minimize marring and corrosion
- The end pieces are heavy cast aluminum, and all of the connectors are metal
- Stainless steel parts are manufactured from 300 series stainless steel
- Even the trim pieces on the side shelves are made out of sturdy metal and not plastic like the other brands
Each time I use this grill I just think of the phrase “You get what you pay!” My other two grills were “Bargains” but they were “NO Bargain”.
Tip: If you buy this grill, have the shipper put the grill in the location where you plan to assemble it (you won’t be able to move it till the wheels are on)
You Have to See This Grill to Believe It!
This Grill is Built to Last. Weber didn’t cut any corners in making this grill and It is really amazing how a quality grill can make such a difference in the durability, ease of use and (Most Important) the TASTE!
I strongly recommend a Weber Grill for people who really like to grill (or people who appreciate good food).
Differences Between The Genesis E-310 And E-330
They are very similar – Read The Differences Below Kick Off The Season Sale – You Can Save $100 – $150 On A Weber Gas Grill NOTE: Weber enforces strict price controls on their authorized dealers so you won’t see many Weber grills being sold at any significant discount. However, I found that Amazon has the best deals for this grill. They also offer Free Shipping and free shipping for a “tank” will save you an additional $90! Only buy an item like this from a known-reliable store. Sometimes you find a “bargain” somewhere and then there are all sorts of delivery and warranty problems – Your $50 savings is worth nothi in the end
- 38,000 BTU-per-hour input
- Individual electronic ignition Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates
- Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer® bars
- Primary cooking area = 507 sq in
- Warming rack area = 130 sq in
- Total cooking area = 637 sq in
- Tank not included with LP models
- Natural gas grill includes a 10-foot flexible hose
- DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENESIS E-310 AND E-330
- The E-330 Has The Side Burner For Making Coffee, Chips…
- 12,000 BTU-per-hour input side burner
- 10,000 BTU-per-hour input sear station
- 6 Tool hooks
- 2 Stainless steel work stations
- Enclosed tank storage area and precision fuel gauge (LP models only)
- Porcelain-enameled heat deflectors
- 2 Heavy-duty swivel front locking casters
- Front-mount control panel
- Enclosed cart with corresponding painted steel doors, stainless steel handles, and accent-colored painted side and rear panels
- DIMENSIONS WIITH THE LID OPEN
- Height: 64.5 inches
- Width R-L: 60 inches
- Depth: 30 inches
Try this chart for amazing cooking
MEAT GRILLING TIMES
BONELESS STEAK Marinate if desired. Steak should be 1/2 – 1″ thick. Grill for 8 – 14 minutes for medium rare, 12 – 18 minutes for medium, turning once.
BONE-IN STEAK Marinate if desired. Steak should be 1/2 – 1″ thick. Grill for 7 – 14 minutes for medium rare, 11 – 18 minutes for medium, turning once.
CHICKEN BREASTS Boneless products cook more evenly. Chicken breasts can be cooked as is, or pounded thin for quicker cooking time. Grill until thoroughly done and juices run clear, about 8 – 12 minutes, turning once.
FISH FILLETS Cook until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork. Grill for 4 – 6 minutes per 1/2″ of thickness, turning once.
FISH STEAKS Tuna, salmon, halibut, swordfish steaks should be 1/2 – 1″ thick. Marinate before cooking if desired. Grill for 4 – 6 minutes for each 1/2″ thickness.
GROUND BEEF PATTIES Patties should be 1/2 – 3/4″ thick. Grill until thoroughly cooked. Cook for 10 – 16 minutes, turning once. STEAK Precooked steaks should be grilled until heated through, 6 – 10 minutes, turning once.
HOTDOGS AND SAUSAGES For precooked products, cook until heated through, 4 – 6 minutes. For raw products, first precook in skillet until almost done, then finish cooking on grill 8 – 12 minutes until thoroughly cooked, turning frequently.
LAMB CHOPS Chops can be bone-in or boneless, 1/2 – 1″ thick. Grill for 12 – 16 minutes, turning once.
I hope this review was helpful –